VisualD + dub Want to contribute

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 01:22:31 PST 2017

On 16.02.2017 20:15, Xavier Bigand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly I need to say that I am mostly a windows user that don't like
> using command line, and I prefer well integrated tools.
>
> This is why I think that dub and VisualD should works more together.
> I think that VisualD should be able to generate a solution based on a
> dub.sdl configuration file and auto detect changes to update the solution.
> It is possible to do something similar with CMake except that the Visual
> generator is called by CMake GUI and Visual doesn't detect changes in
> CMakeList.txt files directly, it use a pre-process during the compilation.
>
> I already saw small improvements I can do on dub or VisualD to reach
> that goal, but before doing PRs I am preferring to be sure that Rainer
> Schuetze and Sönke Ludwig will accept changes that go in this direction.
>
> I already made a PR to dub:
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/1051

I'm not a dub user, but I'm happy to accept pull requests that improve
integration with dub.

Please note that the next version of Visual D (to be released in a
couple of days) will feature an integration of D files into Visual C/C++
projects that provides a more seamless experience. Not sure whether/when
this will make Visual D's own project format obsolete. It shouldn't be
to hard to generate a vcxproject, though.