Some issues building visual D and mago

Profile Anaysis via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 27 21:41:02 PST 2017

1. VSSDK 140 needs to be added to the search checks in SDK.bat
     if "%VSISDKINC%" == "" if not "%VSSDK140Install%" == "" set
VSISDKINC=%VSSDK140Install%

2. WinSDK setter in SDK_libs is wrong. Not sure why, but probably
a setup issue on my end. I forced it to the correct location

3. coffimplib path is hard coded. I pointed it to my
dmd2/windows/bin location. (not error, just "file not found")

I suggest outputting better error messages that specifically tell
the user that they need to find the correct paths and hard code
them.

After building VisualD project,

I get the errors

vsi\vsshell140.d(768): Error: no identifier for declarator
PROXYSTUB_BUILD
Building ..\bin\Debug\vsi.lib failed!
Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib...
logger.d(67): Error: undefined identifier 'doFormat' in module
'std.format'
Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib failed!

vscommands.d(1498): Error: undefined identifier
'cmdidAddinManager'
vscommands.d(1498): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
("AddinManager") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2231): Error: undefined identifier
'cmdidNewFileBreakpoint'
vscommands.d(2231): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
("cmdidNewFileBreakpoint") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2237): Error: undefined identifier
'cmdidBreakpointLocation'
vscommands.d(2237): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
("cmdidBreakpointLocation") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2238): Error: undefined identifier
'cmdidBreakpointCondition'
vscommands.d(2238): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
("cmdidBreakpointCondition") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2239): Error: undefined identifier
'cmdidBreakpointHitCount'
vscommands.d(2239): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
("cmdidBreakpointHitCount") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2241): Error: undefined identifier
'cmdidBreakpointAction'
vscommands.d(2241): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
("cmdidBreakpointAction") of type string to const(uint)

along with a lot of string contatenation issues(depreciated).

Seems doFormat was removed? Maybe that will fix all the other
errors.