VisualD on macOS ?

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat May 20 09:17:31 PDT 2017

On 19.05.2017 08:27, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2017-05-19 08:20, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>> Good to know, thanks. I didn't find any information about its
>> extensibility, but if it is similar to Xamarin Studio, Mono-D is likely
>> to be easier to adapt to VS for mac.
>
> I just started watching this video from Build 2017 [1]. I haven't
> finished watching it yet but they mention as well that is based on
> Xamarin Studio but they have replaced many components with the
> corresponding ones from Visual Studio. They also mention that the IDE is
> architectured as a shell with all/most the functionally implemented as
> plugins/extensions.
>
> [1] https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/B8095

Just had a look at VS for mac, and it's very much still MonoDevelop
underneath: there is a folder Resources/lib/Monodevelop, and the
extension system is the same. You can even add Alexander's repository
and install Mono-D, but it later fails due to missing dependencies
(needs Monodevelop components version 5.1, but VS provides
"incompatible" versions 7.1).