VisualD Projects

Mr.Bingo Bingo at Namo.com
Wed Jul 11 16:28:42 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 09:10:10 UTC, Samsinsane wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm looking to evaluate D for work purposes but I've hit a
> stumbling block. I'd really like to integrate D into our
> existing code base using the mixed projects that VisualD
> supports. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any information
> on how to consume D libraries, such as vibe.d. I've "imported"
> vibe.d, and added the 15 import paths until it stopped
> complaining about missing files, and now I'm just getting
> missing symbol errors.
>
> This all feels much harder than it really should be, so I'm
> guessing I've missed something. Can someone please point me in
> the right direction?
>
> Regards,
> Sam

You'll have to work that out on your own.

Can you use dmd from the command line just fine?

Can you use dub just fine? Does a dub generated visual D project
have the same issues?

Do you have Visual D's library import paths(both at the
configuration page and the options page) set properly to what
they are suppose to be?

With missing symbols it can be a real pain to find out what is
going on. Sometimes the distributions get corrupted somehow and
the libraries simply don't work.

Look at the symbol names and you can usually get some idea. If
it's a vibe.d issue only(create a new hello world project and see
if the same symbols are missing) then you probably have not
included vibe.d's libraries.

you can use dub to create a new visual D project with vibe D in
it.