Visual D debugging messed up

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 17:48:50 UTC 2018

On 11/06/2018 09:11, DigitalDesigns wrote:
> Thanks for the work on the interfaces. Immediate improvement! That
> __vptr is a little funky too see. Future suggestion if you think it's
> worth your time: Try to replace the __vptr values with the actual names.
> This would be, I think, having to reverse those pointer values and try
> to match them with the programs function names. Knowing that they come
> from the interface would be easy to pin point them. If it's not too hard
> you would give the name and the function signature so one knows what
> virtual methods it has. Probably not a big deal, but having to see
> addresses scares me... they change every time the program runs ;)

That already works for class vtables, but unfortunately not for
interfaces. The shown address is to some thunk that subtracts the
interface offset in the instance and forwards to the actual method, but
the thunk has no symbol name attached.

You can disable the display of the vtable in the mago options.