Dustmite + Visual D

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:20:41 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 4 November 2018 at 17:16:55 UTC, Michelle Long wrote:
> C:\a\b\b\b.dustmite\..\..\..\..\x\y\pegged\dynamic\grammar.d:
> The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> another process
>
> When I run dustmite on a project.

As the error message says, the problem occurs because another
file is accessing it.

Some common culprits are:

- Anti-virus / security software, such as Windows Defender.
Adding the directory containing the D code being reduced as an
exception usually helps.
- File synchronization software, such as OneDrive / SyncThing.
- Editors/IDEs. Make sure the directory being reduced is not part
of any project/solution open in Visual Studio etc.

I think I made Dustmite retry after a second when it gets that
error. Is that not the case? Post the full output, if so.