VisualD latest version (v0.49.1) regression under VS2015

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:36:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I updated my VisualD to latest version v0.49.1 under VS Pro 2015.
During the update I left the default options as is, which
includes the update/installation of mago, MSBuild support, etc.

Installation completed successfully but afterwards VS would
launch, but with some errors (referring to packages updating, etc
- not specifically for VisualD so I was not sure if this was
related to VisualD). Once it started I could launch the wizard to
create projects in both C++ and D, but then for both it fails
with the same error. For C++ it is:

"Unable to read the project file "abc.vcxproj". C:\Program
Files(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\Win32\ImportBefore\Default\d.props(10,9): the expression "System.String[].GetValue(1)" cannot be evaluated. Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Note that this path "C:\Program
Files(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\.." does not exist on my machine.

I tried to uninstall VisualD, but this actually made the problem
worse, as afterwards VS2015 could not shut down as a modal error
dialog kept popping up.

Afterwards I uninstalled all add_ons that had their own
uninstallers, but this had no effect. I eventually had to
uninstall & re-install VS2015 itself to get VS2015 to behave
(using
https://github.com/Microsoft/VisualStudioUninstaller/releases as
it was impossible to get to the uninstall menu).

I have now retried with my newly installed fresh VS2015 Pro  -
before the installation of VisualD Visual C++ project
creation/building worked fine, but after installation of
Visual,the same problems are back.

Anyone else experienced this?

Rainer, any advice? I am running Win7 x64 but my VS2015 is x32
bit.