VisualD latest version (v0.49.1) regression under VS2015

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Apr 28 08:24:38 UTC 2019

On 27/04/2019 01:57, ShadoLight wrote:
> On Friday, 26 April 2019 at 18:25:02 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>> Results so far:
>>
> [snip]
>>

> This being the case I think I will stick with 0.48.0 for now then. At
> least until there is a more fail-safe way to uninstall 0.49.x without
> the behaviour reappearing in VS.
>
> Thanks anyway for all your effort in researching the issue.

After a long series of trial and error, I've hopefully figured it out:
even if some additional actions are taken to tell VS that extensions
have changed, it doesn't automatically updates its caches.
It seems to be similar to
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/66084/mef-cache-do-not-updates-when-assembly-version-cha.html
which has been fixed for VS2017.

A new installer with a workaround is available here:
https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.49.2