VisualD latest version (v0.49.1) regression under VS2015

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:18:22 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 28 April 2019 at 08:24:38 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 27/04/2019 01:57, ShadoLight wrote:
>> On Friday, 26 April 2019 at 18:25:02 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Results so far:
>>>
>> [snip]
>>>

>> This being the case I think I will stick with 0.48.0 for now
>> then. At least until there is a more fail-safe way to
>> uninstall 0.49.x without the behaviour reappearing in VS.
>>
>> Thanks anyway for all your effort in researching the issue.
>
> After a long series of trial and error, I've hopefully figured
> it out:
> even if some additional actions are taken to tell VS that
> extensions
> have changed, it doesn't automatically updates its caches.
> It seems to be similar to
> https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/66084/mef-cache-do-not-updates-when-assembly-version-cha.html
> which has been fixed for VS2017.
>
> A new installer with a workaround is available here:
> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.49.2

Thanks Rainer, I will update and test. Very much appreciated.

Regarding VS2105 vs VS2017. At home I can use VS2017 Community
edition, but at work I can only use VS2015 (Pro version) atm. In
fact, I don't use D for work at all, I just installed it so that
I can dabble with my own projects in it when I have some free
time.