Linking issues VisualD generated vs Dub generated projects

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:06:02 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 06:31:10 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, I've been travelling and been busy
> otherwise.

Np. I fully appreciate it was D Conf happening over the same time
period.

[snip]

> You should not add these library paths, these are automatic
> fallback for dmd if it doesn't find a VS installation.

Ok, noted.

> Instead you should install any Windows SDK (e.g. the one that
> comes with the VS installer). I've recently updated the
> installation documentation to that respect.

I actually do have the VS SDK installed - my VS2015
(Professional) shows installed under 'Universal Windows App
Development Tools' that 'Tools (1.4.1) and Windows 10 SDK
(10.0.1393)' is installed. I did not install the 2 earlier
Windows 10 SDK versions also available on the VS2015 media..

I wonder ... I've recently uninstalled VS2010 and installed
VS2015.... maybe I have some legacy VS2010 artifacts
(environmental vars, paths, etc) lying around, which are causing
problems for DMD. I'll have a look.

[snip]

> Again, wrong libraries. The import libs in the mingw folder are
> for the VS2010 runtime, not anything newer.

Ok, noted.

> I guess you had a Windows SDK installed then.

Yes, but I uninstalled the previous one along with VS2010. And
then reinstalled the later version bundled with VS2015.

Once again, thanks for the assistance - as well as for VisualD!