Entry Point Not Found with ldc2-0.11.0-mingw-x86

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sat Aug 31 23:13:56 PDT 2013

Hi Ludovit,

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Ludovit Lucenic <llucenic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you David. For both your quick answer as well as actual help with my
> problem. I got into another one, as I cannot pass "<library>.lib" files as
> command line arguments to the ldc2.exe. I keep getting "Error: unrecognized
> file extension lib" error message from LDC.
>
> What does this mean please? Actually, the libs were generated with DMD and
> make no problems when passed on as parameters to the DMD (the same
> compilation command as I use now with LDC).

Glad to hear I guessed right. LDC for Win32 doesn't recognize '.lib'
as a library extension, as libraries for use with MinGW usually have
names ending in '.a'.

But regarding libraries built by DMD, the different D compilers are
unfortunately not ABI-compatible (on the fundamental parameter passing
level as well as concerning the druntime details), so you will need to
rebuild them with LDC anyway (or for that matter, with the exact DMD
version you are at for use with DMD).

Or did I misunderstand you?

David