Entry Point Not Found with ldc2-0.11.0-mingw-x86

Ludovit Lucenic llucenic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 16:43:11 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 31 August 2013 at 22:37:56 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> Hi Ludovit,
>
>>From a quick search online, it seems that the most likely
>>explanation
> for this error message is that you are using a SJLJ-based
> version of
> MinGW.
>
> LDC needs a DW2-based copy of MinGW, and more specifically, a
> recent
> version of mingw-w64 because of TLS-related issues (no idea
> whether my
> fixes also ended up in the mingw.org-flavored compilers by
> now). The
> current one I'm using is this 4.8.0-based personal build by
> Ruben, but
> newer ones might work as well:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/gcc-4.8-dw2-release/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-dw2-4.8.0-win32_rubenvb.7z/download
>
> Hope this helps,
> David

Thank you David. For both your quick answer as well as actual
help with my problem. I got into another one, as I cannot pass
"<library>.lib" files as command line arguments to the ldc2.exe.
I keep getting "Error: unrecognized file extension lib" error
message from LDC.

What does this mean please? Actually, the libs were generated
with DMD and make no problems when passed on as parameters to the
DMD (the same compilation command as I use now with LDC).

Thanks a lot once more.
Have a nice night :-)
Ludovit