MinGW-w64 runtime library inclusion (Clang-compiled) for proper Win64 support?

kink noone at nowhere.com
Mon Jun 3 14:46:24 PDT 2013

PS: For those who don't know: the MinGW C runtime is just an
additional layer on top of Microsoft's Visual C Runtime, adding
missing functionality. What we need would ideally be a clean D
port of missing and relevant MinGW-runtime parts into
DRuntime/Phobos, for both DMD and LDC on Win64. Since that's
quite a task and especially because it is only needed for a
single, yet the most popular OS, my proposal is to include
relevant parts of the MinGW runtime layer directly with the Win64
D compiler, so that we have a solid fallback for the time being.