MinGW-w64 runtime library inclusion (Clang-compiled) for proper Win64 support?

kink noone at nowhere.com
Thu Jun 6 14:37:59 PDT 2013

> Unfortunately, there are ABI issues, even a minimalistic
>
> __declspec(dllexport) int foo(int a) { return a + 3; }
>
> in the dummy library returns garbage in x64 mode.

Discard that, I was erroneously using a Clang 3.3 build. It works
using a very recent 3.4 build. A similar dummy function using
"long double" doesn't work though, but that's not really
surprising.

Once these ABI issues are fixed, I think the main task would
consist in emulating all included MinGW C system headers (not
present or incomplete in MSVC) by custom ones and getting rid of
superfluous modules - I guess that'd be a manageable effort.