MinGW-w64 runtime library inclusion (Clang-compiled) for proper Win64 support?

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Jun 12 15:02:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

Sorry for my late response, but I haven't really looked at Win64
support in LDC at all, apart from some playing around with SEH
quite some while back. Thus, I was hoping that Kai would answer
first – maybe he has already something up the sleeves in this
area?

Anyway, I'd strongly argue that any such code should be shared
between any D compilers targeting Win64/MSCRT, as you mentioned
as well. And the current stance of pretty much everybody on the
druntime/Phobos core team is that all code has to be
Boost-licensed (or similar) to be considered for inclusion in the
current

I haven't checked what the exact licensing situation of the MinGW
runtime is (apart from some parts which I know are public domain)
but I imagine there might be potential problems in this area.
Thus, I'd encourage you to primarily discuss this on the upstream
(druntime/Phobos) development lists.

David