LLVM D Compiler

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue May 14 20:30:04 PDT 2013

On Friday, 11 January 2013 at 10:50:50 UTC, Hex wrote:
> .bep is related to Haiku.You can find more about .bep files on
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/BepFile
> and about Haikuporter on
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/

I'm afraid none of the active devs use Haiku, so you are somewhat
on your own here. There have been no Haiku-related bug reports
recently, but this can just mean that nobody tried to build it
there lately.

> I just wanted to how to compile the .bep file which is used to
> Build and install any software just by compiling it and BUILD
> and INSTALL blocks cotain the commands to be executed to build
> and install the file and SRC_URL contains the source URL.I have
> tried to build the .bep file and have posted on pastebin please
> have a look and suggest some commands to compile and install.
> http://pastebin.com/zXJPJbtg

The error message you posted is »Error:Port not Found.«, which
probably comes from incorrect usage of haikuporter, but certainly
doesn't have anything to do with the LDC build system. Might I
suggest asking for help on a Haiku-specific forum instead?

I'm just guessing, but you will probably want to add dependencies
on CMake and LLVM to your build script, and you are missing a
space after »cmake«. Also make sure that the druntime/Phobos Git
submodules get checked out by whatever mechanism haikuporter uses.

David