Drop D1 support now?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue May 14 20:30:12 PDT 2013

Hi all,

my original plans back in December were to make the next
(upcoming) release the last one to support D1, so that there is a
LDC 1 version available that is based on the last official
frontend release.

However, the new D1 frontend still has not been merged, while at
the same time we should really push for a quick 2.062 merge and
subsequent release. As it looks like the general interest in D1
has pretty much faded by now - there has not been a single
D1-related question or issue report since the last release -,
what do you think about dropping D1 support from Git master very
soon?

The last version to still have a dmd/ in working order would get
branched off, so that anybody could continue to work on it if D1
is still of interest to them.

David