Drop D1 support now?

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Tue May 14 20:30:13 PDT 2013

On Monday, 18 February 2013 at 19:18:48 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my original plans back in December were to make the next
> (upcoming) release the last one to support D1, so that there is
> a LDC 1 version available that is based on the last official
> frontend release.
>
> However, the new D1 frontend still has not been merged, while
> at the same time we should really push for a quick 2.062 merge
> and subsequent release. As it looks like the general interest
> in D1 has pretty much faded by now - there has not been a
> single D1-related question or issue report since the last
> release -, what do you think about dropping D1 support from Git
> master very soon?

Hi David!

If there is no general interest in D1 then we should drop the
support.

For all changes I did I relied on travis to check for D1. And
since the tango tests are not working (issue #227), it only
checks for syntax. I assume that we have to invest a lot of work
to get a real quality D1 release. But without a general interest
we should put the effort into D2.

Regards