TLS for iOS - how to proceed

Dan Olson zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 08:34:41 PDT 2014

"Joakim" <dlang at joakim.airpost.net> writes:

> Again, nice work.  Do all the unit tests pass now?  If so, you should
> mention this on D.announce after you get the code up somewhere, as I'm
> sure others would like to play with it, :) and not everyone follows
> this newsgroup.

No, there are still some failing unittests.  All druntime unittests that should pass with current LDC do pass.  There is one know problem with some of rt.aaA unittest not compiling, so I versioned it out.

The unittests in phobos that fail tend to be mostly be floating point related.  I haven't looked into all the details, but many are comparison options in the unittest that don't match.  For example, std.getopt just fails its test for floating point options because the comparison fails.

Much of it could have to do with crossing compiling on x86 -> ARM.  Kai has an update for cross compiling, so I am kind of holding off investigating float problems until that change is pulled in.   I also noticed that GDC has a math updates for ARM, so some of that might be needed too.

The std.parallism one I think I am sure is just iOS and OSX differences.

Testing 40 std.conv: FAIL
std.conv.ConvException@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/conv.d(2663): Range error

Testing 42 std.csv: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/csv.d(499): Assertion failure

Testing 52 std.getopt: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/getopt.d(699): Assertion failure

Testing 56 std.internal.math.errorfunction: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/internal/math/errorfunction.d(218): Assertion failure

Testing 57 std.internal.math.gammafunction: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/internal/math/gammafunction.d(348): Assertion failure

Testing 61 std.mathspecial: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/mathspecial.d(157): Assertion failure

Testing 66 std.numeric: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/numeric.d(1504): Assertion failure

Testing 68 std.parallelism: totalCPUs = 0
FAIL
Memory allocation failed

Testing 69 std.random: FAIL
core.exception.AssertError@/Users/dan/projects/ldc/ldc-git/runtime/phobos/std/random.d(2487): 99: 7082 > 5300.