LDC 0.14.0 shared library sonames

Konstantinos Margaritis via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 22 00:22:43 PDT 2014

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:35:27 +0200
David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc <digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> It seems like we are talking past each other, although I'm not quite
> sure why.

[snip]

> If there is something unusual about the way LDC handles things, I'm
> quite interested in fixing them to avoid irritation for packagers.
> But I honestly have no clue what the issue is here.

No, I see it now, you were right, I had the impression (wrongly) that
the 2.0.65 was the soname. My mistake, you did nothing wrong :)

I'll fix some remaining issue and I'll upload the new versions asap.

Btw, regarding the libz thing (and the patch I applied), I didn't see
any comments, I removed the embedded linking from the shared libs and
used the system libz, is there any particular reason not to?

Regards

Konstantinos