Building for ARM with LDC

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 28 13:21:03 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 17:56:09 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> My question is more how many of the unit tests should I expect
> to run?

Alright, finally got the tests to link and run.

All tests pass for a cross-compiled linux/ARM druntime except for
rt.minfo, which crashes.  I noticed that core.internal.convert
and core.internal.hash aren't run by the ldc test scripts, so I
compiled and ran those too.  The latter passes, but the former
asserts in one of the conversions and fails.  I haven't looked
into which conversion yet, may be related to the real/long double
cross-compiling issues.

As for phobos, three modules' unit tests don't compile for
linux/ARM- std.variant, std.math, and std.traits- and every
single module throws this error when running their tests right
now:

core.exception.RangeError at std.string.sformat(0): Range violation

Something basic is going wrong there, will look into it more.

How does this compare to the test runs on ARM that the ldc devs
have tried?