LDC 0.13.0 has been released!

John Colvin via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 1 06:29:07 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 at 10:35:06 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Hi bearophile!
>
> On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 at 08:42:50 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>> Kai Nacke:
>>
>>> The first release of LDC 0.13.0 is here!
>>
>> I'll try this version soon. I'd like switches to increase the
>> inlining threshold and to use unsafe floating point
>> optimizations (similar to -ffast-math of GCC).
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> I'll try to implement some new functionality soon. (I have a
> long list of things I like to do - this is one of them.)
>
> Regards,
> Kai

I'd love to see -ffast-math in ldc.

Some timings on a 1st gen corei7 for floating-point heavy code
(doubles):

gdc -frelease -fno-bounds-check -O3 -march=native
     27171ms

gdc -frelease -fno-bounds-check -Ofast -march=native
     16786ms

ldc2 -release -O5 -disable-boundscheck -mcpu=native
     35523ms

ldc2 -release -O5 -disable-boundscheck
     34864ms

ldc2 -release -O2 -disable-boundscheck
     34724ms

ldc2 -release -O1 -disable-boundscheck
     42365ms

ldmd2 -release -inline -noboundscheck -O
     31982ms

P.S. there's an overhead of about 4000ms in there from allocating
memory and calls to fftw.