Linking problem

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 18 15:43:54 PDT 2014

Hi Russel,

On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 18:17:19 UTC, Russel Winder via
digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I am using LDC compiled from master/HEAD. The command:
>
> 	make clean && make && make install && make clean
>
> completes fine. However when I try to compile a code that used
> to work
> fine, I get a link problem shown below. The error message goes
> on for a
> very long while so I have truncated it. Hopefully the issue is
> something
> trivial. The code compiles and executes fine with DMD and GDC.

I would think by now you know how this works. ;)

In case of inexplicable build problems, the first thing to try is
to start with a whole new build directory. make clean is
auto-generated by CMake and might also be incomplete (that would
be a valid bug report, as it can reasonably be expected to work).

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please open a GitHub ticket
with the relevant version/environment information and
instructions how to reproduce the issue. Even if you can't get
the test case down to a single file, it's still better than
having no test case at all. Taking blind guesses really doesn't
work too well.

Cheers,
David