Getting Started With LDC troubles.

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 23:25:37 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 03:02:14 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
wrote:
> I was unable to find the "VS2013 x64 Native Tools Command
> Prompt" in my VS 2013 Express install. Only VS2013 x64 Cross,
> and it failed to compile with the same issues.
>
> On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 14:44:03 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> You can try to open Visual studio Win64 command prompt (from
>> start menu) and try to compile from there.

Hi Taylor!

I don't have the Express version so I can't give advice in this
case.

In general, if you are able to compile a C++ hello world
application with cl on the command line then you should be able
to do the same with ldc.

ldc on Win64 is still bleeding edge - there are no install
instructions yet.

Regards,