Trouble with building LDC on Windows, specifically with building libconfig

Eappen Nelluvelil via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 17 20:33:25 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 05:49:45 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 05:39:40 UTC, Eappen Nelluvelil
> wrote:
>> Hello, I am trying to build LDC on my machine (Windows 7
>> x86_64), but I am running into some trouble with building
>> libconfig.
>>
>> I am using msys2-i686, along with the compilers and tools
>> provided via msys2 (gcc/g++ 4.9.2 and make 4.1). This is a
>> slight change from the D wiki instructions on building LDC on
>> Windows, as the instructions assumed the usage of msys (I am
>> not sure if this change breaks the build process). I
>> downloaded libconfig-1.5, and when I am in a bash instance via
>> msys2, the configure script within the root level runs
>> perfectly fine. However, when I issue the command make, the
>> build stops due to some failing tests. I am not sure if I am
>> doing something incorrectly or if I need to follow different
>> directions to build libconfig successfully on my machine.
>>
>> If it is of any help, I have created a gist of the output
>> given when make is run:
>> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/fe03f33ab7fd59ed47fe
>>
>> If anyone could help me out with this issue, I would be
>> eternally grateful.
>
> Hi Eappen,
>
> please try building with libconfig-1.4.9 (the previous
> version). I had some trouble with libconfig-1.5, too, and did
> not yet have the time to investigate.
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Kai, I ran into another problem. The configure script works as
expected, and libconfig builds successfully. However, when I am
trying to build ldc, I run into an issue with the location of the
correct dll. On the D wiki page for building LDC from source for
MinGW, the cmake command to build LDC works, but then the Ninja
configuration file doesn't seem to run.

I have created a gist of the output when cmake and ninja are run:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/83ba87ea2a8d9f0c3722

I am not really sure where to go on from here.