Error compiling LDC (again...)

matovitch via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 16 10:57:13 PDT 2015

On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 17:49:45 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 14:12:53 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
>> "matovitch" <camille.brugel at laposte.net> writes:
>>
>>> Awesome ! I will try this evenning (in about 8 hours) and let
>>> you know
>>> (I compiled LLVM from the HEAD there is no (3.7) tags on the
>>> git
>>> mirror so I am not sure of what you mean by 3.7). Thanks for
>>> your work
>>
>> Hi matovitch.  I think HEAD is called 3.7 until it is released.
>
> Yes, that's true. LLVM head is the development stream for
> version 3.7, which will be released in autumn.
>
> The LLVM people always refactor and improve things. That's why
> you sometimes get compile errors when building ldc. I try to
> keep up with the LLVM development, but sometimes I need simply
> more time...
>
> I don't know why you are using LLVM head - if you only want to
> follow LDC development then you can/should use LLVM 3.6. (There
> is a tag/branch for 3.6).
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Hi Kai,

It compiles ! Not without a fair amount of warnings though...Well
I had no good reasons to use llvm HEAD. I just bought and mount
my first PC and wanted to test a large compilation, then with
llvm compiled I though why not trying to compile ldc with it. Now
ready to code some D ! :D

Thanks again for your help,

Matovitch