Commandline compatibility with Clang?

Kagamin via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 26 01:37:36 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 24 October 2015 at 21:47:31 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> You not only want the -o option but also all of the -f/-m
> options. The LLVM libraries do not use -f/-m options.

I mean only -o option: -of= is just too weird. Other options are
ok, e.g. -debug is definitely better than -fdebug. That said,
LLVM tools options convention seems to be generally better than
that of gcc. -m options may be better to implement as traditional
-W/-X/-L forwarding. I think it would be great to be able to
forward llc options to codegen stage.