LDC 1.1.0-beta2 has been released!

Seb via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 4 00:27:46 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 at 06:19:11 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Hi Seb!
>
> On Thursday, 4 August 2016 at 00:53:31 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> Great news - thanks to everyone from the LDC team for your
>> hard work! When I read the announcement I noticed [1] that
>> building a release seems like a lot of manual work. I have
>> seen that it is already partially automated, but how long does
>> it take you to prepare a new release (in the case nothing goes
>> wrong)? Ideally building the packages for all platforms would
>> be fully automated, so that you can also provide nightlies for
>> the common users.
>
> A release is not too much work. On a Unix system it is
> - edit the config file
> - run the 3 build scripts
> - upload the binary package
>
> This process could be better automated but delays have other
> root causes:
> - Building on ARM takes a long time.
> - I currently do not have a development notebook and doing the
> builds with sub-optimal resources.
> - The last releases always introduced something new (ARM build,
> 32bit libraries with win64, FreeBSD build) which must be
> scripted and tested.
> - And you can find new bugs while preparing a release.

Oh okay as said I was just worried when I skimmed through the
list of different OSS used for each build. Good to be relieved :)

> But better automation is welcome. :-)

I will continue to observe your good work and maybe help out when
you continue to expand to build for every OS possibly imaginable
and releasing gets a more annoying job.

[...]

> We have a place for it: GitHub.
> See http://wiki.dlang.org/Latest_LDC_binaries_for_Windows

Oh sweet - sorry about the dumb question then  (I didn't even
notice that because building from source on Unix is trivial).