[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 28 05:41:44 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 12:37:17 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 11:58:00 UTC, Joseph Rushton
> Wakeling wrote:
>> This leads me to my first question: is it possible to specify
>> the paths here relative to the location of the directory where
>> the `ldc2` binary resides?
>
> AFAIK contents of config file "switches" variable in ldc is
> simply prepended to command-line flag list with no special
> processing.

Yes, that I understand.  The problem is that the contents of that
file are wrong ;-)  I can edit it part way through the snap
packaging process, but what I'd really like is an automatable
solution.

The issue here is that, as I understand it, a snap package can
wind up being installed in

/snap/snapname/current/

or /home/<user>/snap/snapname/current/

... so the precise path can't be known at package creation time
but only at install time.

However, if the paths in `ldc2.conf` could be specified relative
to the path where the `ldc2` binary lives, that might provide an
easy workaround.