[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 28 06:28:07 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 12:48:55 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Providing correct ldc2.conf is normally a responsibility of a
> packager for the target system thus it doesn't seem wrong to me.

Well, yes... and hence these questions, because as the packager
I'm trying to understand my options, so that I _can_ take
responsibility for what's in the package being correct. ;-)

Note the constraint that while the path relative to the snap
install location is well defined, the absolute install path isn't.

> You may want to check how the config file is defined in tarball
> provided by github releases though as I suppose it is intended
> to be usable without any installation.

Hmm, interesting. The ldc2.conf file includes what looks like a
wildcard for the compiler location, but passing that wildcard
manually via -I flags doesn't work. I'll re-check later (had to
step out for a bit) but it looks like it might be intended to be
manually replaced.