[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 31 12:37:53 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 23:22:12 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Is there any way of also specifying flags to pass to gcc?  I
> ask because just including them in the -gcc flag doesn't work,
> e.g.:
>
>    -gcc=ldc2.gcc --sysroot=/snap/ldc2/x1/bin/..
>
> ... results in a gcc call where the --sysroot flag is placed in
> a position that gcc doesn't accept.

Actually, I'm wrong about this: I think that LDC is checking to
see if a file called `ldc2.gcc --sysroot=/snap/ldc2/x1/bin/..`
exists, and since it doesn't find one (!), it exits with an error
message.

Anyway, same question -- is there any way of including flags to
pass to gcc, or is it just the gcc command itself that can be
specified?