Cross compiling from windows targetting linux armel arm9

Sai via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 12 08:57:36 PST 2016

On Monday, 12 December 2016 at 09:34:42 UTC, kink wrote:
> On Monday, 12 December 2016 at 04:49:33 UTC, Sai wrote:
>> There used to be a link to the binary ldc2 compiler to do this
>
> The Windows binaries are available, and cross-compilation works
> as usual with `-mtriple=...`. This will allow you to generate
> object files. You'll need to figure out how to build
> druntime-ldc and phobos2-ldc for your target and then how to
> link your cross-compiled objects against those libs and the C
> runtime (e.g., building LDC yourself for armel and using that
> for native linking?).
> I don't think there ever was an LDC binary automating some of
> this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, I guess I remembered incorrectly. But I am positive it worked
out of the box in linux though, using the default ldc2 that gets
installed by apt-get. I tested that using another computer. But I
wish it also worked out of the box in windows.

This is mainly for programming the EV3 lego mindstorm brick.
Don't know if I can/want to build druntime now, I also don't have
visual studio, etc.