port to NetBSD

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 6 19:14:48 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 18:36:10 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> Dear Nikolay,
>
> On 6 Jan 2016, at 19:18, Nikolay via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
>> It looks like problem with dmd2/root/port.c
>> CMakeFiles/LDCShared.dir/dmd2/root/port.c.o is not included
>> into CMakeFiles/ldc2.dir/link.txt
>
> port.c is part of libldc.a, so this is not the issue. Instead,
> as you noted (absence of any symbols) port.c currently does not
> have an implementation for NetBSD.
>
> The file is designed to encapsulate all the functions used
> within the front-end that are not portable between operating
> systems. You'll need to implement it for NetBSD, although I
> suspect you can probably re-use most of the __FreeBSD__ and
> __OpenBSD__ code.

In addition, I see 14 more files which reference FreeBSD
somewhere, so you will have to look at each of those and make
sure you make the necessary changes for NetBSD.  In most cases,
all that should be necessary is adding the equivalent NetBSD
check to the list of Posix-like OS's.