LDC build procedure [was: Re: std.net.curl and ldc v1.0.0+]

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 16 08:32:15 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 15 October 2016 at 20:48:09 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> There are no known issues with particular runtime versions, and
> if there were, we would try to work around them as well as
> possible.

Just for the record, I tried building DMD 2.070.2 (the
frontend/druntime/phobos version used with LDC 1.0.0) with my
usual GCC/libc/libstdc++ setup, and my little curl-based program
builds and runs just fine with it.  Which suggests it's something
to do with LDC's particular setup.  Are there any custom patches
in druntime which might affect memory allocation, for example?

BTW when you say "known issues with particular runtime versions",
I was thinking of issues with particular versions of GCC, but I
take it there are none here either.