LDC asserts cause win32 exception

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 19 09:24:41 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 16:10:47 UTC, Mike B Johnson wrote:
> using an assert and LDC causes a wierd unknown exception in
> windows using latest ldc's. In dmd the asserts simply error and
> show the message but in ldc they give a kernel error and no way
> to know what has gone wrong.

More details please (target architecture, LDC version, Visual
Studio/WinSDK version, 'kernel error'...). Wrt. 'no way to know
what has gone wrong': attaching a debugger may be enlightening. ;)
With LDC 1.2, we now generate a backtrace for each exception, so
I'm guessing that's causing your problems, but without further
details, I can only speculate.