LDC 1.1.0 released

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 2 16:52:49 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 03:40:42 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On behalf of the LDC team I am happy to finally announce the
> release of LDC 1.1.0, based on the 2.071. It has been in the
> making for an uncharacteristically long time, but we hope you
> will enjoy the multitude of new features: profile-guided
> optimization, better-integrated link-time optimization,
> experimental cross module inlining and first Windows DLL export
> support; along with UDAs for fine-grained optimizer control
> (e.g. @fastmath), a partial object file cache, and of course
> many other bug fixes and improvements.

Congratulations everyone! :-)

I've uploaded an updated version of the snap package to the
Ubuntu store, based on the following package definition:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc2.snap/releases/tag/rev2

As before this is now awaiting manual review, which based on
previous experience should take a few working days.  I'll make a
post in the Announce forum once it is published.

The snap package uses LLVM 3.8, since there's not a 3.9 package
available in Ubuntu 16.04.  I'm looking into how to most
effectively get 3.9 in there; it will probably involve building
LLVM from source, but since that's a reasonably hefty process, I
thought I'd get an initial v1.1.0 snap out there before moving on
that.