LDC 1.1.0 released

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 3 13:45:09 PST 2017

On Friday, 3 February 2017 at 00:52:49 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> I've uploaded an updated version of the snap package to the
> Ubuntu store, based on the following package definition:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc2.snap/releases/tag/rev2
>
> As before this is now awaiting manual review, which based on
> previous experience should take a few working days.  I'll make
> a post in the Announce forum once it is published.

It's now published in the `edge` channel.  For people with it
already installed, `sudo snap refresh` (or `sudo snap refresh
--edge ldc2` if that doesn't work) should upgrade it for you.
Otherwise,

     sudo snap install --classic --edge ldc2

... should install it on an Ubuntu 16.04 system or later.

A colleague gave it a go on his Arch machine, and it seems that
the `snapd` version available there still doesn't support classic
snaps.  If anyone is running Debian, Gentoo, Fedora or OpenSUSE,
it would be great to know about your experience -- you can
install `snapd` following the instructions here:
https://snapcraft.io/docs/core/install