LDC 1.1.0 released

Sai via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 08:30:47 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 22 February 2017 at 21:10:19 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 February 2017 at 16:02:19 UTC, Joseph Rushton
> Wakeling wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 22 February 2017 at 12:15:02 UTC, Joseph Rushton
>> Wakeling wrote:
>>> Can confirm it works on 14.04.  I verified also with 16.10
>>> last night, but can re-verify this evening if you want extra
>>> confirmation.
>>
>> Re-verified with 16.10: the 1.1.1-beta1 snap (revision 5)
>> works fine for me.
>
> ... and also the 1.1.1-beta1 prebuilt LDC downloaded from
> GitHub.

I am not sure how to download the prebuilt from GitHub, I am not
good at navigating the GitHub pages yet. I already verified the
snap, if you can give me a link to the pre-built on Github, I
will download and test it on my PC.

Thank you (and David) for fixing this very promptly.

Just a stupid question:  Which one is preferred as a user? Snap
version or the prebuilt version on Github? Personally I don't
mind as long as the download/install instructions are clear. But
It seems to me that snap is supposed to be more user friendly. So
may be snaps are preferred for non-experts like me?