Add targets for release binaries? (1.3+)

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri May 5 05:49:32 PDT 2017

On 5 May 2017, at 9:52, Adrian Matoga via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> What I miss the most in LDC is the ability to build and use
> druntime/Phobos for different targets (including subtargets, e.g.
> different ARM architecture versions and ABIs) with the same compiler.
> I'd like to add it myself, but I don't really know where to start.
> Perhaps it's an idea to be discussed at this DConf's hackathon.

The biggest issue to solve here is the rest of the toolchain (linker,
system libraries, …). LDC's part can easily be done by adding a small
piece of code to the config file handling such that different sections
are matched depending on the chosen target (where you can then set
library lookup paths for druntime/Phobos, the GCC excecutable to use for
cross linking, etc.).

Unfortunately I'm not at DConf this year, but I'd be happy to help out
with any questions you might have implementing something like that.

  — David