Linux -> Windows crosscompiler

Marvin Gülker via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun May 28 00:12:36 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 11:33:26PM +0000, kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> This is being automated as part of integrating LLD into LDC. Here's how
> you'll be able to cross-compile and -link from any host to 32/64-bit MSVC
> targets:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2142#issuecomment-304472412

This looks promising. Thank you for the work and the instructions! As
for redistributing the MS libs, I think the best solution is to "simply"
ask Microsoft and get an approval from their legal department.

Obviously, the alternate solution is to rely on the open-source
GCC/MinGW/MSYS2 toolchain for crosscompilation, which is not going to
cause a licensing problem. I understand that this does not work with the
current state of affairs, but I wanted to mention it for completeness.

Greetings
Marvin

--
Blog: https://www.guelkerdev.de