How to build SPIR-V supported LDC?

Sobaya sobaya007 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:19:26 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 09:22:38 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 08:09:18 UTC, Sobaya wrote:
>> But cmake error occured.
>> The error message is
>> "
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:659 (message):
>>   Unexpected failure executing llvm-build: llvm-build: fatal
>> error: missing
>>   LLVMBuild.txt file at:
>>   '/home/sobaya/git/llvm/lib/Target/SPIRV/LLVMBuild.txt'
>> "
>>
>> What's wrong?
>
> You didn't clone recursively and so don't have the SPIR-V
> target git submodule. `git submocule update --init` should do
> the trick now.

It was exactly as you said.

And I executed 'make', an error occurred while building libLTO.so.

I noticed that this error is about the issue
https://github.com/thewilsonator/llvm-target-spirv/issues/1.

As the issue was opened, I thought I cannot solve the program.

But I noticed you merged to master branch the commit you
mentioned at the last comment of the issue, so tried to build
again at the master and made it.

It was the right process?

If it was right, should you change the submodule's commit
attached to comute branch from 74687b to master?