Disabling http tests for guix

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public12 at thebird.nl
Fri Feb 16 13:14:22 UTC 2018

On Friday, 16 February 2018 at 12:00:18 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 16 February 2018 at 06:13:05 UTC, Pjotr Prins wrote:
>> Two downsides: (1) is you can not assume there is a network on
>> the build machine. We need to be able to build and test
>> packages in isolation on restricted computers to make sure no
>> one can tamper. (2) it allows pulling software, as you state,
>> which changes the state of test system and makes it
>> potentially non-reproducible. I don't think the Guix folks
>> thing that this is the way forward. Impurity is a big no.
>
> Do you mean phobos curl tests? They use a self-contained test
> server, should be pure.

Those are fine. Current patches to make the build work are

https://gitlab.com/genenetwork/guix/blob/dlang/gnu/packages/patches/ldc-1.7.0-disable-phobos-tests.patch

Not too many!

Remaining problems are with assumptions about socket and root
path. I'll submit some patches if I can make it work. The root
path can probably be avoided by faking it into the build dir.