RISC-V port

Luís Marques luis at luismarques.eu
Thu May 17 15:36:05 UTC 2018

I have druntime working with the RISC-V backend (32-bit / Newlib
based; I got backend errors for 64-bit; I can't test glibc in
32-bit because AFAIK there's no 32-bit RISC-V Linux).

It needed some workarounds due to the lack of proper atomics and
TLS support in the backend, as well as Newlib limitations, but
that's mostly taken care of. For Phobos to work properly the
backend needs to support exceptions. Currently the backend seems
to only emit code for the non-exceptional code path.

Does anyone here understand what an LLVM backend needs to do to
get code generated for the exception stuff (e.g. landingpad,
etc.)? I tried to look in the ARM backend but it wasn't very
illuminating...