ldc2 Windows

Carl Sturtivant sturtivant at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:48:52 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 16:43:38 UTC, Carl Sturtivant
wrote:
> Can't find any Windows specific docs for ldc2.
>
> I want to know which environment variables specific to Windows
> ldc2 listens to so as to find the linker and libs so as to
> speed up linking by not searching for a Visual Whatever
> installation every time.
>
> Anyone?

I have determined that the vcvars batch file that comes with the
windows 10 sdk sets the following new variables for 64 bit
development on windows 10 64-bit. It also adds to Path, which I
would prefer to avoid. Some of these are obviously irrelevant,
but which ones does ldc2 actually use to speed up linking?

I could use intuition and experiment, but it would be nice if
someone would just point me to docs or tell me the answer.

CommandPromptType
DevEnvDir
ExtensionSdkDir
Framework40Version