Want to write ldc2.conf

Nemanja Boric dlang at nemanjaboric.com
Mon Aug 5 09:38:06 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 3 August 2019 at 22:58:03 UTC, Boris Carvajal wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 August 2019 at 22:18:41 UTC, NonNull wrote:
>> On Saturday, 3 August 2019 at 21:58:11 UTC, NonNull wrote:
>> So I made a .ldc/ directory in my Windows home directory and
>> put my ldc2.conf there.
>>
>> Also did not work.
>>
>> Tried renaming to .ldc2/ also did not work.
>>
>> I have exhausted the possibilities according to
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Using_LDC that do not involve modifying
>> the binary installation I am using.
>>
>> What is the answer?
>
> Try on %APPDATA% folder

Yes, that looks correct:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/984f30b8c4959173fe7d01bf8e1bcad116b7b36b/driver/configfile.cpp#L42-L49

     HRESULT res = SHGetFolderPathA(NULL, CSIDL_FLAG_CREATE |
CSIDL_APPDATA, NULL,
                                    SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT, buff);

The interesting bits about the load order can be found here:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/984f30b8c4959173fe7d01bf8e1bcad116b7b36b/driver/configfile.cpp#L94-L176