Bootstrap crash on Solaris 2.11/5.11 - uninitialized mem access

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Jan 3 19:32:57 UTC 2019

On 3 Jan 2019, at 18:09, kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I have no idea about and no interest in Solaris and its linker
> situation. Anyway, there have been changes with 1.13 wrt. ModuleInfos
> (affecting run module ctors, which is the problem you are seeing)

Rick is using a compiler (doesn't matter that it's 1.13) compiled by
0.17, though. Also, any regressions regarding --gc-sections shouldn't
affect Solaris, as the option isn't even active there. In fact, I think
Solaris even uses the old _Dmodule_ref scheme for module registration.

That being said, if the symptoms match the ModuleInfo-related issues you
have been seeing, it's reasonable to suspect another issue affecting
`ModuleInfo`s or static constructors on Solaris.

  —David