Compiler error when compiling druntime for ARM float=soft

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Wed Apr 15 19:51:37 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 15 April 2020 at 18:31:55 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> I'm trying get druntime to compile for ARMv7 but with software
> floating point. When the first druntime module try to compile I
> get this error.

It's easier if you just post a failing cmdline, which in this
case is something like

ldc2 -c .../druntime/src/rt/memset.d -mtriple=armv7-none-eabi
-mcpu=cortex-a9 -float-abi=soft -O

It's compiling fine without -O; with optimizations, LLVM (10)
hits an assertion (if built with those enabled, otherwise errors
out later as you've seen). So might be worth filing an LLVM issue
about it. [It's also optimized fine with `-float-abi=softfp`.]

Luckily, this rt.memset module seems utterly useless for LDC, so
you shouldn't need it and can simply delete the source file.

PS: I hope you are using COMPILE_ALL_D_FILES_AT_ONCE=OFF when
working on the libraries.