Compiler error when compiling druntime for ARM float=soft

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Apr 15 20:37:33 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 15 April 2020 at 19:51:37 UTC, kinke wrote:

> It's easier if you just post a failing cmdline, which in this
> case is something like
>
> ldc2 -c .../druntime/src/rt/memset.d -mtriple=armv7-none-eabi
> -mcpu=cortex-a9 -float-abi=soft -O
>
> It's compiling fine without -O; with optimizations, LLVM (10)
> hits an assertion (if built with those enabled, otherwise
> errors out later as you've seen). So might be worth filing an
> LLVM issue about it. [It's also optimized fine with
> `-float-abi=softfp`.]
>
> Luckily, this rt.memset module seems utterly useless for LDC,
> so you shouldn't need it and can simply delete the source file.
>
> PS: I hope you are using COMPILE_ALL_D_FILES_AT_ONCE=OFF when
> working on the libraries.

I did what you suggested, I added COMPILE_ALL_D_FILES_AT_ONCE=OFF
and removed memset.d from the build and now the first build goes
through.

I thought memset.d was kind of strange as this was something that
could obviously be mitigated to LLVM. Shouldn't this be removed
from the build in the cmake file?

Thank you.