Where is the arm-none-eabi target?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri Mar 13 17:06:03 UTC 2020

On Friday, 13 March 2020 at 14:41:03 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> The problem is when using thumb-none-linux-eabi, the compiler
> automatically inserts D version identifiers like Posix.

Yes, Linux is a Posix target.

> but still for completeness shouldn't the non OS target be
> supported

It is and doesn't predefine Posix etc. then; try
`-mtriple=thumb--none-eabi` (or `thumb-unknown-eabi` etc.).

> and why aren't there any warning messages when using the
> arm-none-eabi target?

Probably because it works just fine, at least it does for me with
LDC v1.20 on Windows - `ldc2 -c -mtriple=arm-none-eabi hello.d -v
&& ls -l hello.o`. `-v` shows the expanded triple (3rd line, =>
arm-none-unknown-eabi).