Reducing build times of ldc-build-runtime

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Mar 20 06:37:46 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-20 06:48, Kagamin wrote:
> You mean that CI compiles LDC and druntime right on iphone? I thought
> CPU clock looks like arm,

No, it compiles LDC and druntime/Phobos on macOS using cross-compiling.
Cross-compiling is the official way you compile apps for iOS devices.
You don't have permission to create a new process (fork) on iOS devices
so a compiler running on iOS is not possible.

> but bitrise docs only say they have only macOS
> with simulator stack, that can't run on arm, can it?

They support running on physical devices:

"With Bitrise’s iOS device testing solution, you can run iOS tests on
physical devices without having to set up and register your own devices"

"Our device testing solution is based on Firebase Test Lab: it uses
real, production devices running in a Google data center to test your app"

https://devcenter.bitrise.io/testing/device-testing-for-ios/

--
/Jacob Carlborg